Question added to topic aerobic stepper
Although an aerobic stepper can be cheap to buy and easy to learn, there are a few associated negatives:
- Calorie burn is not as good as other exercises
- Only the legs and bum tend to be worked out though this can be helped by using small weights to help tone arms
- The metabolic rate is less likely to be increased
- The exercise can become repetitive and boring
An aerobic stepper is a piece of exercise equipment that provides a low-impact, easy to learn workout.
There are a multitude of different styles to choose from, from a basic block with adjustable height to a portable hydraulic unit that can be hid out of sight under a bed. Of course, budget permitting, there are professional grade machines available.
Some of the many benefits include:
- You can watch TV or even surf the internet whilst exercising
- Very easy to use and learn
- A lot less risk of impact-related injury
- Good for toning legs, bum and lower back (you must be conscious of your posture for this).