How fast can you safely lose weight?
0 vote(s)In extreme circumstances I've lost as much as 7 pounds in a week and if you are obese you can lose up to 20 pounds in a week. But this means a very strict balanced diet and at least 1 hours exercise per day. If you are obese you should consult a physician before attempting to lose weight this rapidly. The healthcare professionals in the UK www.nhs.uk recommend a maximum weight loss goal of 2lbs per week if you are not medically assisted.
The amount of weight lost in the first 7 days is determined by the type of restrictive diet you follow; if you consume a low carb diet (of any variety) then as each 1g glucose enables you to store (for cellular use) 3 g water, then you will experience a heavy fluid loss. Its generally accepted that the 1-2lbs of fat is the maximum you can lose in a week. this is based on the fact to burn 1lb of pure fat you need to expend an additional 3,500 calories. Given that a typical hour long exercise session a moderate/fit individual burns around 500 calories, combined with reduced intake 1-2 lbs after fluid loss is normal.
- What are proven methods to Lose Weight?
- Is Chromium Good for Weight Loss?
- Is Fast Food Bad for Weight Loss?
- What are the side effects of weight loss tea?
- Where can I get some strong weight loss tea?
- How does Yoga Pranayama help in weight loss?
- I finally got the weight off - now how do I keep it off?
- What are the side effects of weight loss surgery?
- I just began an exercise and weight training program and I am gaining weight? Shouldn’t I be losing weight?
- What are fast weight loss tips that work?
Last Activity: 2011-06-07 21:34:54
This question has been viewed 1057 times.
2 people are following this question: