How much protein can I safely consume?
Normal protein requirements for adults range from 56 grams a day for males and 46 grams for women. Intake can safely increase to upto 120 grams a day for those on high-protein diets, but even higher levels are generally not considered harmful, unless you are suffering from kidney diseases. Experts recommend increasing intake only under medical supervision.
- How Many Calories in Protein, Carbs and Fat?
- What is Protein?
- How Much Protein do I Need?
- Are High Protein Diets and Low Carb Diets the Same?
- What are the risks of a high protein diet?
- Can I exercise on a high protein diet?
- How long can I stay on high protein diet?
- I am on a high protein diet and I always feel thirsty, is this normal?
- I have a lot of gas whilst on a high protein diet is this normal?
- Which protein supplement is best, soy or whey?
Last Activity: 2011-07-06 12:57:51
This question has been viewed 351 times.
1 people are following this question: