If I suffer from diabetes can I go on the atkins diet?
Diabetic people can really go on Atkins diet because it is a diet that emphasizes on high protein low carbohydrate intake diet. Hypoglycemics may have fewer symptoms if they go on this diet but there are risks with this diet. Atkins starts at a very low carb in first few weeks with only few vegetables allowed. It can be hard for the kidney since you eat more protein that is needed to breakdown kin the kidney. You much seek medical advice first when you go on with this diet to have a better effect and to protect your health as well.
- What is a diabetic diet?
- What are the complications associated with type 2 diabetes?
- How do I lose weight as a diabetic?
- Can anyone recommend a good diet for diabetics?
- Are slim fast shakes OK for diabetics?
- Is it true that gastric bands can cure diabetes?
- I am a Diabetic, do I need to remove carbohydrates from my diet?
- Why do I have to lose weight because I have diabetes? Can I not just avoid sweets?
- What is the difference between an NSSS DIET and a DIABETIC DIET?
- Aside from sugar, what are the other restrictions to diabetes?
Last Activity: 2011-06-14 21:39:21
This question has been viewed 749 times.
2 people are following this question: