What are proven methods to Lose Weight?
0 vote(s)It really comes down to burning more calories than you consume. It's a very simple equation and there are a few factors that influence weight loss or gain. If you either add exercise to your routine and therefore burn more calories than you consume each day, you will lose weight. Otherwise you can limit your calorie in take each day to below the rate at which you burn calories just going about your daily routine. It is estimated that it takes a calorie deficit of 3000 to burn 1 pound of fat.
There are many proven methods to lose weight, the key is how to lose weight safetly and in a way that changes your body composition from fat to lean. Any restricitve diet will result in weight loss no matter how unhealthy it is, but if as a result you lose muscle tissue then your metabolic rate will decrease and the weight will go back on and more besides. To lose weight safetly, you need to take in fewer calories than you burn, including sufficient glucose to metabolise fat (you cant burn fat without glucose), have a balanced nutritional intake to ensure healthy and complete digestion, and you need to increase your activity to increase your muscle mass. The only place in your body you burn fat is in your muscles, all cells uses glucose exclusively and do not have the ability to metabolise fat. Muscle cells have the greatest energy requirement and this cannot be met by glucose alone so it is combined with fat to meet the increased fuel requirements. Any exercise that increases muscle tone and density combined with good nutrition is the only effective way to lose fat weight and keep a lean healthy body.
- How fast can you safely lose weight?
- Is Chromium Good for Weight Loss?
- Is Fast Food Bad for Weight Loss?
- What are the side effects of weight loss tea?
- Where can I get some strong weight loss tea?
- How does Yoga Pranayama help in weight loss?
- I finally got the weight off - now how do I keep it off?
- What are the side effects of weight loss surgery?
- I just began an exercise and weight training program and I am gaining weight? Shouldn’t I be losing weight?
- What are fast weight loss tips that work?
Last Activity: 2011-06-07 21:40:56
This question has been viewed 714 times.
2 people are following this question: