What are the side effects of weight loss surgery?
You could also return to being overwieght.
Before you considerer surgury you should carefully evaluate the reasons for being overwieight, i.e. are you just over eating, are you comfort eating, do I have a thyroid problem, do I do any or enough exercise?
Do I have an alternative to surgury, yes you do, because you cannot be overweight if you eat in proportion to the amount of calories you burn.
Do you have a physical handicap that stops you doing some exercise?
Weight loss surgery can really help in losing weight and is one of the fastest ways. Before having a weight loss surgery, you should take in to consideration the side effects and complications after the surgery. There is approximately a third of all weight loss surgery return back to have a hernia fixed. There are also some minor side effects or even serious complications that may arise in first 14 days after surgery. The serious complications are bleeding, leak, pulmonary embolus, severe nausea and vomiting and death. Long term complication will be vitamin and mineral deficiencies. But this is an option that you must take.
- Will liposuction help me lose weight?
- Which weight loss surgery is most effective?
- Can anybody recommend any UK based providers of weight loss surgery?
- How much do I need to weight to consider weight loss surgery?
- Will weight loss surgery leave me with loose skin?
- How long will it take to recover from weight loss surgery?
- What is a gastric balloon?
- How much weight can I expect lose with a gastric bypass?
- What preparation is needed before weight loss surgery?
- How will my diet have to change after weight loss surgery?
Last Activity: 2011-06-06 15:36:04
This question has been viewed 757 times.
2 people are following this question: