What is a NOCARB DIET? Is it healthy?
A NoCarbohydrate diet is a fad diet that is not advised by health experts. It is a diet restricting all sources of carbohydrates including good sources of the needed vitamins and minerals. Carbohydrates is an essential part of a diet because it provides us the energy we need for the day. There are SIMPLE AND COMPLEX CARBOHYDRATES. Simple carbohydrates can be restricted. These are the sugars and sweets. Complex carbohydrates coming from grains, cereals, bread, fruits and vegetables should not be restricted. It can be a LOW CARB DIET instead with the appropriate protein and fat distribution as per calculated by a dietitian with the assistance of supplements.
- I would like to see a list of foods permitted on a no carb diet.?
- How do I recognize side effects of no carb diets?
- What about the side effects developed after a low or no carb diet? Are they permanent?
- I would love to start the no carb diet, what do you suggest?
- Do carbohydrates make you fat?
- Are low carb diets the best way to lose bodyfat?
- Tell me more about foods that are allowed in no carb diet?
- Does the no carb diet create a ketotic state?
Last Activity: 2011-06-01 03:16:39
This question has been viewed 460 times.
1 people are following this question: