What is Eccentric Training?
In eccentric training, the muscle is challenged by focusing on the negative or lowering phase of an exercise. It is an intense training technique that can lead to strength and mass gains in a short time. To illustrate, in the bench press for example, you load the bar with a weight that you can control for around 5 seconds, and when it touches your chest your spotter takes care of the concentric phase. Just be ready for DOMS or delayed onset of muscular soreness as eccentric training can really make you sore two days later.
- I finally got the weight off - now how do I keep it off?
- Do I need to warm up before I stretch?
- I just began an exercise and weight training program and I am gaining weight? Shouldn’t I be losing weight?
- What are fast weight loss tips that work?
- Will body fat–to–lean muscle ratio inevitably increase because of age?
- How Do You Look Thinner Without Dieting?
- How can i Overcome the Weight Loss Plateau Effect?
- What are Weight Loss Wraps?
- Do I have to cook separate meals for myself while I'm on slimming world?
- What is adios and how does it help weight loss?
Last Activity: 2011-05-31 17:02:50
This question has been viewed 465 times.
1 people are following this question: