What is Liposuction?
Liposuction is cosmetic surgery procedure that actually removes fat from the body using a cannula (thin tube) and suction. It is key to understand that liposuction is not a procedure to make you lose weight. It is not for overweight people. In actual fact it is for people of an average healthy weight that have stubborn areas of fat that won’t shift.
0 vote(s)In simple words it is the surgical removal of fat from the different sites of the body using a hollow stainless tube called cannula and an aspirator (works on the principle of suction). This procedure is used for removing fat which is resistant to dieting and exercise. It can be performed under local, regional or general anesthesia.
- Is a tummy tuck the same as liposuction?
- What is the most amount of fat you can remove with liposuction?
- Who is a good candidate for liposuction?
- Who is not a good candidate for liposuction?
- Does liposuction remove cellulite?
- Does liposuction give permanent results?
- Does fat come back in other parts of the body after liposuction?
- Does liposuction cause bumps in the skin?
- Are there alternatives to liposuction?
- Is liposuction surgery painful?
Last Activity: 2011-06-02 09:10:30
This question has been viewed 543 times.
2 people are following this question: