What medical treatments are available for obese people?
1 vote(s)voted by: Kris QuigleyIf diet and exercise are either not working or not possible then consulting your physician can give you a number of options. Firstly, psychological support in the form of counseling or alternative treatments like hypnosis and NLP can help to deal with breaking compulsions and addictions. Prescription medicines are available like Alli, which block the absorption of fat can can be bought over the counter in most countries if you are above a certain BMI. The last resort is usually surgery. Gastric bypass or balloons can help you lose weight but they obviously come with certain risks attached. So it really depends on your situation. The first thing is to acknowledge the problem and speak to an expert so that you can make an informed decision about what is best for you.
- What should I do if my children are over weight?
- How Can I Control my Food Cravings for Sweet Things?
- How many people are overweight in New Zealand?
- How do I know if I am overweight or obese?
- What are the major causes of obesity?
- What are the major health risks for obese people?
- How is Obesity and Obesity Related Disease Treated?
- is there a Connection Between Obesity and Breast Cancer?
- Im 50 pounds Overweight but I Hardly Eat Anything, Why is this?
- Is Yo-Yo Dieting Harmful?
Last Activity: 2011-03-06 15:11:06
This question has been viewed 615 times.
1 people are following this question: